Thinking of having your wedding venue in Metro Manila? Its close to home, so why not? Here are top reasons why you should (or shouldnt) celebrate your big day in Manila + top tips from us!
1. Wedding preps convenience. Think about your wedding preparation. Meeting your suppliers, visiting your venues, etc. will be easier and much more convenient if everythings within the Metro.
2. Budget-friendly. It still depends if you play it smart. But for sure, a Manila wedding is one thing to consider for a budget-conscious bride. There are a lot of affordable best-for-value options in the Metro. If you are after the best suppliers, then no need to think about any of their out of town fees.Enough said.
3. Guest-friendly. Having your wedding in Manila means more guests will be able to come. Can I hear an amen, Chinese 300-500-guest weddings? If your guests attendance and ease are your particular priority, then go for a Manila wedding! Think about elderly guests as well as they may not be able to travel too far or think about the guests who dont have the time nor luxury to travel to a destination wedding.
4. Urban feel. If you are into the urban hustle-and-bustle feel of the city, then Manila would be a perfect backdrop for you. It can reflect where you grew up, the place you met, where you guys like to hang out, etc.
See this cutesy prenup we did in BGC, Taguig – a photographer-friendly city they say. I love how it just shows the personality of Clancy and Cielo. It was so easy to shoot, and can I just say, so cost-efficient too?
5. Speaking of hustle-and-bustle, dont forget to consider the traffic on the day of your wedding or if there are any events that would contribute to the traffic. If all possible, keep your venues close to each other as possible and have some allowance in travel time. Preparation is always key. Another tip is nudging your invitation time half an hour or more earlier than the actual to give way to our Filipino time friends.
6. Restrictions. Unfortunately, Manila is a bit notorious for the restrictions it has for us wedding photographers and videographers. So always check beforehand with your venues if there are additional fees or permits to shoot or to fly a drone. It saves the hassle of dealing with all of that on the day and helps you and your wedding suppliers to just focus on their work.
7. Venue recommendations. Convinced so far? But where exactly in Manila? Based on our experience as wedding videographers, here are our favorites cities and wedding venues in Manila. P.S. Note the budget indicators we added there. Special thanks to wedding coordinator Tina Offemaria from IllumiNation Events Management for helping us gather these infom
Santuario de San Antonio Parish
St. John Bosco Parish
St. Alphonsus Mary de Liguori Parish Church
Makati Shangri-La Manila
Hotel Fairmont Makati
Dusit Thani Manila
Manila / Pasay:
The Minor Basilica and Metropolitan Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception (Manila Cathedral)
Archdiocesan Shrine of Jesus the Way, the Truth, and the Life
Malate Catholic Church
Manila Marriott Hotel
The Blue Leaf Filipinas
Ortigas / Quezon City:
Christ the King Parish Church Greenmeadows
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish Church
Sto. Domingo Church
Edsa Shangri-La Manila
The Glass Garden
The Blue Leaf Cosmopolitan
8. Your Manila Wedding Videographer. Now that you’ve got the perfect venue and backdrop, why not make sure your dream Manila wedding is captured at its best by the best? Think about it: Your videos (and photos) are the only tangible memories you have of your wedding that should last forever. Make it good! Over and over, Hello & Co. Cinema have experienced and captured Manila weddings. Our pursuit is to make it new and your own. Check out our work and see the difference. Make it untemplated.